If you are one of the successful ones who has hired a Kickstart employee – congratulations!
They will, like every other employee, need a full employment contract on their first day of employment.
But their employment contract will be different to a “normal” or even zero hours employee.
When putting together a contract for a Kickstart scheme employee you need to do the following:
- Fixed term should be no less than 6 months
- Hours should be no less than 25 hours per week
- They should be paid at least the minimum wage for their age
- You should include details of the training you plan to give the individual; this should include the following
- Support with CV and interview preparation, and how to look for long term work
- Training to develop their skills, such as teamwork, organisation and communications as part of their role
- And so on…
Please give us a call to ask us about your Kickstart contract when you start interviewing candidates, so that we have enough time to sort it out before their first day of employment.